Shelter, Inc. provides community based, emergency and longer-term housing for children and adolescents who are abused, neglected, dependent or in need of supervision.
Since 1975, Shelter, Inc. has provided the emotional and physical care, programs and services that these children need to build safer, healthier and brighter futures.
Shelter, Inc. is:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
- Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- A non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Supported by funds from Elk Grove, Palatine, Schaumburg, Vernon and Wheeling townships; United Way, local municipalities, corporations, foundations, private donations, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and the Illinois Department of Human Services.
The Holiday's are approaching and the children and adolescents in our programs are always appreciative of the incredible support and outreach of our contributors. Below are the wish lists for each of our programs:Read more...
THANK YOU to everyone that attended, volunteered and sponsored our 26th Annual Charity Ball!! Your support, contributions and help in spreading the word are so appreciated and help us to continue to provide emergency housing for abused and neglected children and adolescents. Hope to see you all there again next year! View a few of our favorite event photos...Read more...
You never know what treasures you'll find at
Shelter's Thrift Shop
We're ready for the Holidays!
Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
9th Annual Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
Held on June 19th, 2013
Mackray Memorial Golf Club, Barrington
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED AND SUPPORTED SHELTER'S PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
READ MORE to see some of the photos from this wonderful event!