Shelter, Inc. provides community based, emergency and longer-term housing for children and adolescents who are abused, neglected, dependent or in need of supervision.
Since 1975, Shelter, Inc. has provided the emotional and physical care, programs and services that these children need to build safer, healthier and brighter futures.
Shelter, Inc. is:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
- Accredited by Healthy Families America
- Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- A non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Supported by funds from Elk Grove, Palatine, Schaumburg, Vernon and Wheeling townships; United Way, local municipalities, corporations, foundations, private donations, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and the Illinois Department of Human Services.
5K Run/Walk 4 Kidz
2014 Run/Walk 4 Kidz
Saturday, May 3rd
Busse Woods, Grove 5 - 16
Elk Grove Village
Registration starts 8:00 a.m.
Race starts 9:00 a.m.
Domestic Violence Seminar
Shelter, Inc.'s Community Education Program proudly presents this FREE seminar focusing the impact of domestic violence on children and adolescents. This seminar will provide information that furthers our understanding of the impact of domestic violence at developmental stages from infancy through adolescence. In addition, Family Unit characteristics and dynamics as well as practical treatment suggestions will be discussed.
"Impact of Domestic Violence on Children and Adolescents. Implications for Treatment"Friday, April 25th
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
10th Anniversary Celebration of the Michael Portelli Memorial Golf Outing
Wednesday, June 18th, 2014
Mackray Memorial Golf Club, Barrington
PLEASE JOIN US TO SUPPORT SHELTER'S PROGRAMS AND SERVICES!
READ MORE to see some of the photos from last year's event!
Please check back soon as our Wish Lists are updated when a special need arises in one of our group homes or programs. Thank you!Read more...