Shelter, Inc. provides community based, emergency and longer-term housing for children and adolescents who are abused, neglected, dependent or in need of supervision.
Since 1975, Shelter, Inc. has provided the emotional and physical care, programs and services that these children need to build safer, healthier and brighter futures.
Shelter, Inc. is:
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
- Accredited by Healthy Families America
- Licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- A non-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation
- Governed by a Board of Directors
- Supported by funds from Elk Grove, Hanover, Palatine, Schaumburg, Vernon and Wheeling townships; United Way, local municipalities, corporations, foundations, private donations, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services and the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Self Injury Seminar
Shelter, Inc.'s Community Education Program proudly presents this FREE seminar discussing self-injury in children and adolescents. Dr. Juzwin will address identification, assessment and therapeutic interventions.
"Self-Injury: Identification, Assessment and Intervention"Friday, October 24th
9:30 am - 12:30 pm Read more...
27th Annual Charity Ball
Friday, November 14th
2014 Honorary Chairs:
Alisa and Rick Heidner
Charity Ball Raffle
Winters Golden Touch Annual Charity Ball
Tickets are $100 each
Win the live auction prize of your dreams!
Charity Ball Sponsorship Opportunities